Sunday, November 4, 2007

Quiet Before The Party

So, here I sit in practice/rehearsal for our Sunday morning services.  The drums are thundering and the electric is screaming (and it is only 8:30 in the morning).  We are getting ready for all of the hurt and lost people to come through our doors in less than an hour.  It's gonna be a great party.But this morning when I pulled up, it was a different story.  The stillness of the morning was serene.  I was the first person on campus and I had to snap a pic of the church before the hustle and bustle started.
No cars.  No construction...is was awesome.  Then I went inside and again....quiet.  In fact, it was so quiet, that as I turned on the intelligent lighting in the worship center, I could hear each individual fixture firing...and that is a good 90 feet away from where I was.  
It's neat to be witness to the two totally different environments I found myself in.
I pray that today, hundreds of people are able to come through our doors and have an encounter with God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benjamin,
Awesome Blog… you are the architect of creativity! Thanks for all your dedication... What would C3 be without such ingenious talents. Travis S