Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Fresh Message

It never fails to amaze me... I can hear a particular message a dozen times...and then I hear it that 13th time, and it rings anew in my heart and mind.

This week's message from Pastors Matt and Martha Fry was on Priorities.  What does the Bible say that our priorities in life should be?  Simply stated, 1. God.  2.  Family.  3.  Church.

As a minister, a personal struggle I deal with is where is the line for me?  If, in my mind, God, Church, and Work are all one focus....how do I juggle my ministry and my family?

I think that the conclusion that I have arrived at, is that God in this equation, is my personal walk with Him...and not the job/ministry.  It is easy for me to blur the lines.  At the urging of the message on my heart today, the family comes first after my relationship with God.  That may mean that I have to make some tough choices.  I have to make a decision for me and my house.

If you missed this week's message, please check it out on the podcast here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend,
I found your blog from... YouTube! I guess I'm not quite so techno-challenged after all :)!

I heard a pastor speak on this God/ministry thing. He shared that if you combine the 2, you basically take scripture and toss it out to others without allowing it to soak into yourself. You'd have liked his visual, like grabbing pages out of the Bible and tossing them into the audience/congregation. Then he showed the missing step: taking the words to his own heart before tossing them out. Priorities!

See ya in the movies! LOL