Tuesday, June 30, 2009

72 days in...still going strong

I've been on my weight loss journey now for 72 days. As of my last weigh in (2 days ago), I have lost 39 pounds.

My weight loss has slowed a little bit...but that was to be expected after such a dynamic start.

It's interesting to see what milestones I feel like I need to hit. First it was 25 lbs. Now, I feel like if I just hit that 40 lbs mark (one pound away)...that will be a good "push" to go the next leg of this race. I don't have to tell you what kind of craziness will be going on when I hit the 50 mark. That will represent the exact halfway point of my total loss.

It's also interesting how I view myself. Oh sure, I feel great. My clothes are all too big these days (except my skinny jeans I purchased a few weeks ago). Deep down inside, though, I still feel like that fat person. I guess it is a little like when a person loses an arm. To some degree, they still feel that it is there. Well, to some degree, I still feel that the fat is all still there (stupid mental block). I can still see myself in the mirror and I know that I still have a ways to go....but I'm getting there.

And...for those keeping score on the exercise, I've decided that I'm a fulltime runner now. I love running. I love sweating. I love the endorphins/elations after a good run. I love getting sun when I run. I love the solitude of having "me" time while jammin' to the iPod. For 40 minutes everyday...the entire world is at peace. 5 minute walking warmup. 30 minutes to run 3 miles. 5 minute walking cooldown.

I seriously gotta get with the program and sign up for a 5k run this summer. I have two picked out...I just have to pay to register.

1 comment:

gomomyourock said...

Go for it!

You can do anything...